The richest and the most competitive T20 league in the world is the Indian T20 League. From the very beginning, the Indian T20 League has been the place of assimilation of the highest level of cricketing action and glamour.
The Indian T20 League in its opening season introduced female cheerleaders as an added factor to the entertainment quotient of the league. While the camera stays focused mostly on the action in the ground, the focus on the glamour quotient of the event is also common. Over the years, the Indian T20 League has had some gorgeous female team owners who have increased the glamour quotient of the tournament.
Let’s look at the five beautiful team owners of the Indian T20 League
1. Kaviya Maran: Kaviya Maran was christened ‘The Mystery Girl’ when she was caught by the camera during some of her initial appearances in the Indian T20 League.
Kaviya Maran is the CEO of the current Hyderabad franchise of the Indian T20 League. She is often seen supporting her team from the stands, also her presence is witnessed in the auction table representing the franchise. Kavya is the daughter of the founder and chairman of Sun Group, Kalinthi Maran.
Reportedly she is B. Com graduate from the Stella Maris College, Chennai and has also completed her MBA from Leonard N Stern School of Business, New York University. Kaviya Maran has shown great enthusiasm and passion towards the game during his presence in the stands supporting the Hyderabad franchise.
2. Preity Zinta: Preity Zinta might have left behind the prime time of her Bollywood career. But she still remains a stakeholder of the Punjab franchise in the Indian T20 League. Preity Zinta was believed to be one of the prettiest faces in Bollywood at the peak of her career in showbiz. Preity has been associated with Punjab since the very beginning in 2008.
She has been passionate and enthusiastic about the game. Her presence has been witnessed in most of the Punjab matches waving the Team flag and cheering the team. She has often been seen at the auction table for the franchise.
3. Shilpa Shetty: Shilpa Shetty is the former owner of the Rajasthan franchise. Her claim to fame was her debut film “Baazigaar”, with the Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan. She has been known as one of the fittest individuals in Bollywood. Shilpa was seen often in the stadium cheering her team.
4. Gayatri Reddy: Gayatri Reddy is the daughter of T Venkattram Reddy, owner of the Deccan Chronicles. The Deccan Chronicles firm held the ownership of the Hyderabad franchise previously.
Gayatri Reddy was seen helping her father in 2008 in building the then Hyderabad squad, picking players for the team. She is a science graduate in construction management from the University College London. She was reported to be the featured editor of the Deccan Chronicle newspaper, writing on travel, fashion, sports and celebrity interviews.
5. Juhi Chawla: Juhi Chawla is often seen in matches and on the auction table of the Kolkata franchise of the Indian T20 League. Juhi Chawla’s husband holds a stake in the Red Chillies company, the current owners of the Kolkata Franchise.
Juhi Chawla has been a well-known actress of Bollywood in the 90’s. She won the hearts of the crowd with her performance in “Qayamat se Qayamat Tak”. After this, she gave some memorable performances in many films and thus graced the heart of the fans for a long time.