हिन्दी (Hindi)
English

ICC declares Men’s ODI, T20I and Test team of the decade

December 28, 2020

Written By,

Ankit Seth

With the 2010s coming to an end, the ICC has reported the ODI, T20I and Test teams of the decade. The international council had also asked the fans to vote for their favourite player. ICC will include the player with the highest votes in the teams with 10% weightage and the expert panel's votes. The expert panel was to contrive the remaining 90% for the selection of the teams.

The council drafted the teams and announced it on its official Twitter handle on Sunday. Veteran wicket-keeper, MS Dhoni is the captain of both the white-ball formats. He had won the 50-over World Cup in 2011. The legendary batsman played a crucial knock of 91* in the final against Sri Lanka. He also won the Champions Trophy in England. The veteran announced his retirement from international cricket earlier this year on August 15.

Besides him, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma have also been included in both the sides because of their batting prowess. Virat Kohli averages more than 50 in both the limited-overs formats. He has also been number one in One Day rankings for a quite a long time. However, Rohit's career took a turn for good after opening games for India since 2013.

On the other hand, Kohli is the skipper of the Test team of the decade. He took over India's captaincy reins after MS Dhoni after his retirement back in 2014. Virat took the Indian side to number 1 in the format and won the Test series in Australia.

Jasprit Bumrah selected in only T20I team of the decade

Regarding other players, Chris Gayle and Aaron Finch are also in the top 3 of T20I team. AB de Villiers is named for the middle-order. Glenn Maxwell and Kieron Pollard are the two all-rounders in the squad. The bowling attack comprises of Lasith Malinga, Rashid Khan and Bumrah.

De Villiers and Malinga are both in the ODI team as well. In the One Day squad, David Warner has been named the opener whereas Shakib Al Hasan and Ben Stokes are the all-rounders. The pace attack includes Mitchell Starc and Trent Boult along with Imran Tahir being the only spinner.

Three greatest batsmen, Williamson, Kohli and Smith are the current strongest middle-order. The troika performed consistently for their respective teams in the white-ball format. David Warner and Alastair Cook are the test team's openers, and Kumar Sangakkara has been named as the wicket-keeper of the side.

Ben Stokes is the only all-rounder who will bat at seven and Ashwin is the only spinner. James Anderson, Stuart Broad and Dale Steyn will form the pace attack for the team.

READ MORE Cricket articles here!

Written By,

Ankit Seth