Australia all-rounder Moises Henriques was left in a confused state after he was left out of the Ashes squad. Henriques, who was included in the Test team for the away tour of South Africa earlier in 2021, now finds no place in the team. He was not even talked about frequently during the build-up for the Ashes series due to begin on December 8. The seasoned campaigner was not even included in the Australia A players list.
However, Henriques says he does not have any ill feelings towards national selector George Bailey. The all-rounder has said he has not understood the logic and does not want to understand it either.
"So I didn't really understand the logic but it's not my job to understand the logic either. It's just my job to go out and keep playing as well as I can. I'm comfortable with it. I didn't agree with the process of it all and that's completely fine as well. That happens to a lot of people in a lot of different industries,” Henriques said according to ESPNCricinfo.
Henriques last played a Test match in 2016. However, due to consistent returns in Sheffield Shield and BBL, he was back in contention in the Australian team. The all-rounder has played four Test matches and said he has spoken to Bailey extensively.
"I get on with George quite well which adds another layer of complexity into that relationship," he said. "I think that's a good sign of a good working relationship with when you can both air what you think, and you don't necessarily agree, but you both understand that it's okay, and you've got to move forward.”
The first Ashes Test is due to start on December 8 at Gabba in Brisbane. Australia are current holders of the Ashes on account of drawing the series 2-2 in 2019.