New Zealand Cricket (NZC) have announced a power-packed cricketing itinerary for men’s and women’s teams. The Blackcaps will kick off the summer by hosting Bangladesh for a two-match Test series beginning on January 01 at Bay Oval in Tauranga. The Kane Williamson-led side will next battle it out against Australia in Australia from January 30 for a three-match ODI series and one T20I.
New Zealand will next host South Africa for a two-match Test series starting from February 17. The two matches will be played in Christchurch and Wellington respectively. New Zealand will then play archrivals Australia in the three-match T20I series starting from March 17. They will round off the men’s summer by hosting the Netherlands in one T20I and three ODIs in March-April.
On the other hand, New Zealand women’s team will host India for the five-match ODI series and one T20I starting from February 9 in Napier. The series will be ideal preparation for the teams ahead of the 50-Over Women’s World Cup starting from March 4 in New Zealand.
“The India series is a crucial part of the White Ferns’ World Cup preparations. The four Tests are very important for the Blackcaps in terms of their World Test Championship defence. And, as part of the ICC Super League, the Blackcaps’ six ODIs carry similar significance,” NZC chief executive David White said.
The 50-over World Cup returns to New Zealand after 22 years. The White Ferns won the event last time by beating Australia in the finals.
Here is New Zealand’s schedule for summer 2022:
New Zealand Men vs Bangladesh – Test series
- 1st Test – January 01-05, Bay Oval, Tauranga
- 2nd Test – January 09-13, Hagley Oval, Christchurch
New Zealand Men’s tour of Australia:
- 1st ODI – January 30, Optus Stadium, Perth
- 2nd ODI – February 2, Blundstone Arena, Hobart
- 3rd ODI – February 5, Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
- Only T20I – February 8, Manuka Oval, Canberra
New Zealand Women vs India:
- Only T20I – February 9, McLean Park, Napier
- 1st ODI – February 11, McLean Park, Napier
- 2nd ODI – February 14, Saxton Oval, Nelson
- 3rd ODI – February 16, Saxton Oval, Nelson
- 4th ODI – February 22, John Davies Oval, Queenstown
- 5th ODI – February 24, John Davies Oval, Queenstown
New Zealand Men vs South Africa – Test series
- 1st Test – Feb 17-21, Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- 2nd Test – Feb 25-Mar 1, Basin Reserve, Wellington
New Zealand Men vs Australia:
- 1st T20I – March 17, Sky Stadium, Wellington
- 2nd T20I – March 18, Sky Stadium, Wellington
- 3rd T20I – March 20, McLean Park, Napier
New Zealand Men vs Netherlands:
- Only T20I – Mar 25, Bay Oval, Tauranga
- 1st ODI – March 29, University Oval, Dunedin
- 2nd ODI – April 2, Seddon Park, Hamilton
- 3rd ODI – April 4, Seddon Park, Hamilton